Murray Hill Health & Racquet Club
593 Central Ave, New Providence, NJ 07974
Murray Hill Health & Racquet Club is excited to offer a new program geared towards the needs of mature adults 50 & OVER looking for new opportunities to initiate and maintain a healthier life style. THE GOLDEN AGES TENNIS & FITNESS PROGRAM provides a unique combination of tennis, fitness, and socializing programs designed to create a fun and challenging atmosphere on the tennis court and in our Fitness Center. In collaboration with Bob Bynum’s Match Point Tennis, a company specializing in alternative tennis programming, our Murray Hill Fitness staff wants to help you get fit, stay fit, and enjoy the benefits of an active and healthy life style. Our programs are tailored to every level from the beginner new to tennis or fitness training; to the veteran looking to work out 7 days a week! Your call, at your pace, at your level. Welcome to The Club!
GOLDEN AGE TENNIS PROGRAMS
ALL PROGRAMS ARE DROP-IN WITH LIMITED AVAILABILITY! * SAVE 10% BY PRE-REGISTERING FOR ANY 4 SESSIONS! PROGRAMS START JANUARY 12, 2015.
GOLDEN AGE ROUND ROBINS
Want to JUST play! Join one of our round robins to hit some balls, get a little exercise, and meet some new people, and have a fun time on the court. No pressure to win because the contest is to see who has the most fun! This program features:
- Organized round robin play with various partners
- A BBMPT Pro to keep things moving and to fill in when needed
- Light refreshments afterwards
Tuesdays…………12:00 – 2:00PM $25/Session
Thursdays..………12:00 – 2:00PM $25/Session
FIRST-TIMERS INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAM
Want to learn! Our First-Timers Program provides a unique opportunity to learn the game in a low key and fun environment tailored to your specific needs. We’ll get you started on everything from the right grip to hold the racket to what kind of shoes to wear! Tennis is “the game of a lifetime” so why not start today! The program features:
- Gentle instruction in proper technique, movement & footwork, positioning, and the rules of the game
- Low compression balls which provide a friendly bounce making learning easier
- Demo rackets so you can find the best fit for your level of play
- Breaks in the action for a little talk time
Mondays…………12:00 – 1:00PM $120/4-Week Session
Tuesdays…………2:00 – 3:00PM $120/4-Week Session
BEEN THERE/DONE THAT PROGRAM
Want to learn AND play! Our Been There/Done That programs is for those players looking to improve on a few things, not going overboard on new things, and playing a little fun tennis. We’ll give you some tips and offer some suggestions while letting you do your thing. The program includes:
- A little bit of instruction and drilling
- A little serving to warm up and practice
- A little running and hitting while playing points and games
- And 45 minutes of play and fun
Wednesdays…………2:00 – 3:30PM $45/Session
Want to play! Our Masters Workouts provide a slightly more intense atmosphere of instruction, drills, and play for those players looking for the challenges of improving and competing. We push you a little harder and yet maintain a fun environment while doing so. Players in this program must have playing experience and a slightly stronger level of fitness. Each session includes:
- Drills to improve technique, footwork, and targeting of shots
- Doubles strategies and positioning (we will throw in some Singles stuff on occasion)
- Serving practice and instruction
Mondays…………8:00 –9:30AM $45/Session
Please note: This program is for more advanced players!
GOLDEN AGE CARDIO TENNIS!
Want a true tennis & cardio workout! 30 minutes of non-stop tennis and exercise activities to get the blood pumping.
Thursdays…………2:00 – 2:30PM $18/Session
Fridays..………2:00 – 2:30PM $18/Session
GOLDEN AGE FITNESS PROGRAMS
- No matter what your age or physical status, you can benefit from exercise!
- Exercise can help boost your energy level!
- Exercise can help maintain your independence and help manage various symptoms of illness.
- Exercise is good for your body, your mind, your mood, and your memory.
- Committing to a regular and consistent exercise routine is one of the healthiest decisions you can make!
The four building blocks of fitness as you age are:
- Cardio endurance
- Strength training
JOIN OUR SMALL GROUP SESSIONS AND ADDRESS ALL FOUR OF THESE BUILDING BLOCKS OF FITNESS!
Please Stop At the Front Desk For Session Schedules And To Sign Up! All Classes Are 30 or 45 Minutes Long!
A weight bearing exercise program designed to improve bone strength using weights, resistance bands, blocks and your body weight.
STRETCH AND FLEXIBILITY
Focuses on flexibility, range of motion and alignment using a Pilates ring and other props.
BATTLE OF THE BANDS
Utilizes various resistance bands designed to give your muscles a good workout while being stretched and pulled.
SIT AND BE FIT
Chair exercises using weights, tubing, blocks and more.
A class to improve balance, posture and stability.
SMALL GROUP TRAINING (3 OR MORE)
$55……..SIX (6) 30-MINUTE SESSIONS
$90……..SIX (6) 45-MINUTES SESSIONS
$110……SIX (6) 60 MINUTE SESSIONS
$29 PER PERSON…..30-MINUTE SESSION
$50 PER PERSON…..60-MINUTE SESSION
Package discounts available
Package discounts available