New Jersey Junior Team Tennis Objectives
NJ Junior Team Tennis gives junior players the opportunity to begin to play competitive tennis and prepare for more advanced competition; learn to play the game as it should be played; practice good sportsmanship and fair play; and provide players the opportunity to practice what they learn in their lesson programs in a social but competitive environment.Register Now!!!
- Players are eligible to compete in any age group unless they will “age out” of a particular age category before September 1, 2016
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE USTA MEMBERS. Please go to USTA.com to obtain a membership.
- 10 & Under Intermediate W/GREEN BALLS
- 12 & Under Intermediate
- 14 & Under Intermediate
- 18 & Under Intermediate
- 10, 12, and 14 seasons run late September to early April.
- 18 & under season runs early November to early March (to accommodate high school season. Players are encouraged to attend practices after JTT matches are completed).
- League play is against teams from other area clubs and programs.
- Match play is gender specific. Two boys and two girls will compete in singles & doubles for each match.
- Standings are kept, with the possibility of advancing to Sectional and National events.
Match Times (teams play one match per week-end)
- 10’s – 12’s – 14’s………..Saturdays @ 5-7 p.m.
- 18’s………………………..Sundays @ 6-8 p.m.
- Sometimes match days may be flip-flopped in some age groups to accommodate scheduling conflicts.
- Six matches: Two boys singles – Two girls Singles – One boys Doubles – One girls Doubles
- All matches consist of a six game pro set (no ad) with a set tiebreaker at 5-5 for singles and doubles
- Doubles will almost always be the first matches played.
- Most opposing facilities are no more than 30 minutes away, one way, depending on traffic.
- Players/Parents are encouraged to carpool.
- Matches begin Saturday at 5 p.m. or Sunday at 6 p.m.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes before a match.
- Players will be scheduled in four-match blocks
- An initial four match schedule, with line-ups, will be distributed in advance to parents/players.
- Parents/players will confirm or decline their scheduled dates.
- If possible, please notify the JTT Coordinator, in advance, of any dates you cannot play.
- A final schedule, with line-ups, will then be distributed for that four match period.
- Practices begin SEPTEMBER 18
- Fridays 6 – 8 p.m.
- Practices will be run “high school” style with an emphasis on point play, strategy, and fun!
- NO PRACTICE: Nov 27 * Dec 25 * Jan 1 * Feb 12 * Mar 25
- NO MATCHES: Nov 28-29 * Dec 26-27 * Jan 2-3 * Jan 16-17 * Feb 6-7 * Feb 13-14 * Mar 26-27
- Parents/players must be committed to the team in order to participate.
- Please attend when you are scheduled to play to ensure a full roster for opposing teams.
- PLAYERS CANCELING AT THE LAST MINUTE OR WHO DO NOT SHOW FOR MATCHES WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED TO PLAY AND POSSIBILY DROPPED FROM THE TEAM.
- $450 – Early Bird Registration by September 6 $485 – Registration after Sept. 6
- Team fee includes practices. All players pay the team fee and are encouraged to attend practice.
- Players pay $25 for each individual match that they play. Players will PRE-PAY every four matches.